Research Assistant, Fluid Mechanics and Physics
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The candidate will conduct theoretical and numerical studies of micro-scale droplets/bubbles, particles, and biological cells, filaments in different viscous flows.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Familiar with ABAQUS, OpenFoam, ANSYS;
- Have experience in programming based on Python, C++, MATLAB in Linux environment;
- Familiar with Fluid-structure Interaction (FSI), Particle-based simulation, design of auxetic materials, and second development of Abaqus based on python script.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17879