Research Fellow, Heterogeneous Integration
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Singapore Hybrid-Integrated Next-Generation μ-Electronics Centre (SHINE) in National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for applicants for a postdoctoral researcher position to assist in developing thermal management solution and heterogeneous integration process for flexible antenna system. You will work in Singapore-best cutting-edge nanofabrication and characterization facilities in a cross-disciplinary team environment consisting of nanomaterial scientists, device engineers, circuit simulation researchers, and prototype developers, for inventing, simulating, fabricating, and ultimately testing next-generation Flexible Hybrid Electronics systems.
The goal of the research is to develop multi-scale heterogeneous integration process technologies and their prototypes. At the chiplet level, we investigate the integration of a power amplifier chiplet modules with a high-performance FD-SOI foundry logic chiplet on innovative rigid interposer technologies. Extending to the board level, the chiplet-integrated interposers are integrated heterogeneously into a flexible hybrid large-area system with distributed flexible antenna, which can serve multiple applications in the area of remote sensing array surfaces for space satellite technologies, sensor-fused smart automotive, robotics, wearable electronics, and low-cost light-weight IoT sensor networks.
- Develop 2.5D/3D heterogeneous integration process technologies and their prototypes.
- Develop sensor/optoelectronics-on-interposer integration process.
- Develop integration process for flexible microfluidics structures and SiC interposers on flexible substrates.
- Support thermal and thermomechanical analysis tasks using simulation software.
- Develop thermal management solution for high power flexible electronics systems.
- Work across multiple domains and contribute to the writing of research articles.
Interested applicants should send their motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and publication list via email to Dr Evgeny Zamburg (email@example.com) and Ms Hephzibah (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Candidate should meet at least 4 criteria from the following list:
- PhD Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or its equivalent from a reputable University/Institute is preferred, or equivalent related experience.
- Experience in flexible electronics research, characterisation, metrology and electrical testing.
- Experience in using Die Bonder, 5D Aerosol Jet Printer, Thermoreflectance & Infared Thermography System, Micro Solder Ball Jet System.
- Knowledge of integration process and performance evaluation of Si chiplet/SiC interposer structures.
- Knowledge of thermal and thermomechanical modelling and analysis.
- Experience in handling and fabrication of phase change materials.
Open to Fixed Term Contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17921