Manager Technology Portfolio
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Manager Technology Portfolio Technology Portfolio Physical Science & Engineering
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for acknowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus.
Reporting to the Director, Technology Management & Innovation, the Manager, Technology Portfolio works with Khalifa University faculties and researchers to support licensing of research discoveries and formation of deeptech startups and deployment of cutting edge technologies. In addition, invite and assess new invention disclosures. Work proactively with inventors and stakeholders in commercialization of university inventions and research discoveries. In alignment with Khalifa University Intellectual Property Policy, the Technology Portfolio Manager, manages docketing and administration of various patent portfolios from ‘cradle-to-grave’. Plans and executes commercialization plans to ensure effective licensing of university intellectual property and conducts negotiation of intellectual property terms of a wide variety of agreements including but not limited to license, non-disclosure, material transfer agreements.
- Encouraging and facilitating invention intake and disclosure and manages invention due diligence, including technical, market and legal analyses with a view to identification of core novelty of the disclosed invention, market application and competitive advantage.
- Executing technology and market assessment, prior art search and intellectual property landscape analytics processes and ensure complete documentation and compliance.
- Prosecuting patent filing that involves: engaging and overseeing outside IP counsel; assisting in differentiating the invention from prior art; identification of the core components demonstrating not only novelty, but also non-obviousness and utility; strategizing the construction of claims and jurisdictional determinations in support of the envisioned commercialization scenario.
- Managing patents and patent portfolios information and data in IP database system to monitor and facilitate the development of inventions towards commercial deployment through licensing or other technology transfer transactions.
- Generating technology marketing pieces, ‘technology teasers,’ for dissemination and actively pursuing licensing opportunities in support of intellectual property commercialization.
- Evaluating and executing patent licensing deals utilizing global, university-industry best-practices through modeling and analysis of comparable transactions.
- Negotiating intellectual property and licensing terms in accordance with university IP Policy for a variety of agreements including Non-disclosure Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, Grant Award and Subaward-Agreements, in- and out- Licenses, Patent Management and Royalty Sharing Agreements, Evaluation / Testing Agreements, and others as the need arises.
- Supporting creation of startups driven from university research and patent.
A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related Science or Engineering field preferably postgraduate degree such as MSc or PhD.
- For Expats: A minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- For UAE Nationals: Ideally a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Manager
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time