Post Doctoral Fellow, Genomics / Cancer Therapeutics
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The postdoctoral fellow will conduct independent studies to achieve the laboratory research objectives. These include, but are not limited to, gene expression programs particularly at single-cell level, functional genomics, identification of novel therapeutic targets in cancer using genome-wide CRISPR-Cas9 screen, and development of novel therapeutic approaches.
Qualifications & Experience
PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Genomics, or a related field.
- The ideal candidate should hold a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology or Genomics and Bioinformatics fields with extensive experience in computational Biology.
- He/She should have experience in cell culture, molecular biology, functional genomics, PCR, qRT-PCR, cloning, western blot, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy.
- He/She should have extensive experience in working with mice including establishing mouse xenograft models, and performing various types of cell injection and drug administration. Experience with IVIS imaging system is highly desirable.
- Experience in DNA and RNA library construction for Next Generation Sequencing is also desirable but not essential.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time