Mechanical Building Services Engineer
- DURHAM UNIVERSITY
- Durham, United Kingdom
- £43,155 per annum
- 17 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Estates & Facilities / Facilities Management, Other Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Department: Estates and Facilities, Projects and Infrastructure
Grade: Grade 7
Salary range: Up to £43,155 per annum
Working arrangements: Permanent, Full-time (Hybrid)
Closing date: Sunday 2nd April 2023 - please note that shortlisting will be ongoing throughout the advertising period and the advert may close early if sufficient applications are received.
The Role and Department
To provide a professional, customer focused mechanical engineering support service to facilitate the department in creating a safe and reliable environment with-in which the University can flourish.
The Mechanical Building Services Engineer will be responsible for providing a comprehensive and professional mechanical engineering support service to enable the Estates and Facilities Directorate in delivering a safe, reliable, and efficient environment for the University community.
- Working with and supporting project managers on capital and minor works projects to deliver the optimum mechanical building services design solution which is compliant, fit for purpose, cost effective, efficient and achieves the required quality standards.
- Effectively project manage work on the University's mechanical building services ensuring that all work is carried out safely and efficiently to the required quality, regulatory and design standards, and in-line with current best practice.
- Provide professional technical advice, guidance and support on matters related to Mechanical Building Services to internal and external stakeholders.
The Estates and Facilities Directorate provides a number of essential services to Durham University and is responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure and building fabric of the various campuses. More information on the services provided by the Estates and Facilities Directorate can be found on the website.
Further information about the role and the responsibilities is at the bottom of this job description.