5 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- Grade 4: £25,948 - £30,619 per annum
- 16 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Human Resources
- Contract Type
- Maternity Cover
- Full Time
People and Organisational Development
Paisley Campus, with hybrid working available and travel to other UWS campuses as required
HR Adviser - REQ002026 - Full-time, Fixed Term Contract for 12 months (Maternity Cover)
Re-advertised post: previous applicants need not apply.
We are seeking an HR Adviser for a period of 12 months to cover maternity leave. You will be experienced in handling ER casework, absence and performance management and someone who is confident to support managers across the organisation. A passionate and driven individual, you will enjoy the fast pace and varied nature of the workload. Working as part of the HR Operations Team within the wider People & OD department, you will help in the provision of a proactive and effective HR service. You will act as an ambassador for the department, actively raising its profile through positive impact on the organisation.
You should have proven experience in a generalist role and be able to evidence successes in:
- Responding to HR operational enquiries from both managers and employees
- Supporting managers to effectively manage long term absence, liaising closely with Occupational Health
- Providing HR advice, coaching and guidance to support managers through employee relations matters such as disciplinary, grievance and performance management
- Assisting in the delivery of recruitment, including shortlisting and interviews
- Supporting the team to implement a range of operational HR projects and initiatives
- Using HR systems and analysing HR data effectively
You will enjoy working as part of a team, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. With drive, enthusiasm and tenacity you will be accustomed to operating within a busy environment.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th March 2023
Interviews date: To be confirmed.
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.