Events Assistant, Student Experience and Marketing
- WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
- Sydney, Australia
- $84,578 to $90,045 p.a.
- 16 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full-time Fixed term position until 6 November 2023
- Hawkesbury Campus
Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, located at the heart of Australia’s fastest-growing and economically significant region, Western Sydney. Boasting 11 campuses – many in Western Sydney CBD locations – and more than 200,000 alumni, 49,500 students and 3,500 staff, the University has 14 Schools with an array of well-designed programs and degrees carefully structured to meet the demands of future industry.
About the Role
The Student Experience and Marketing Team is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Events Assistant to provide professional support to develop, implement and evaluate high-quality, integrated events program for the University.
The role will be responsible for the execution of a portfolio of recruitment and current student events and will provide support to the Manager, Events, and Events Coordinator with large and complex events and lead Tier 2 events.
- Assist in all stages of event planning from initial brief through to execution and post-event activities.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with event stakeholders, suppliers and partners both internal and external to the University.
- Assist with project management, including venue and supplier negotiation/bookings, planning, staffing briefing and requirements, way-finding signage and activations, transport management plans, catering, and budget maintenance
- Assist with organising event logistics with immediate team and other departments as required
- Exercise initiative and proactively resolve issues as they arise.
- Develop and maintain event documents and reports.
- Manage financial processes for the team, including generating purchase orders and processing invoices.
- Assist with updating website and event registration systems.
- Assist in administrative tasks, maintaining/servicing event equipment, and monitoring marketing merchandise stock levels.
- Required to attend events as and when required (weekend work required on occasion).
Skills and Experiences
To be successful in this role, you will hold a degree in marketing, events, communications or equivalent, or relevant work experience in a marketing, events or communications role. You will have experience in the process of organising events and have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with superb attention to detail. Importantly, you are a lateral thinker who performs under pressure and works well in a large team environment.
Western Sydney University highly values equity and inclusiveness. We have a proud history of doing so and consider this an important part of our social and civic responsibilities as a University. We strive to contribute to tackling inequalities and promoting wellbeing within our own institution, the Greater Western Sydney region, nationally and internationally.
Western Sydney University has long been identified as a University of the people. We value the contributions made by our staff and recognise that they underpin the enablement of our mission and values. In return, we offer:
- 35 hour work week
- Flex leave for Professional staff
- 17% super contributions
Please review the position description and address the selection criteria in adequate detail to be considered for the role.
This position is based at Hawkesbury campus but may be required to travel to other campuses of the university. Flexible work arrangements are offered, noting that on-campus events are a requirement of the role.
Remuneration Package: HEW Level 4 $84,578 to $90,045 p.a. (comprising Salary of $71,470 to $76,089 p.a., plus Superannuation and Leave Loading)
Position Enquiries: Please contact Larissa Baker, Events Coordinator via email at Larissa.Baker@westernsydney.edu.au
Closing Date: 8:30 pm on Thursday 23 March 2023
Note: Only applications submitted via the WSU online recruitment system will be accepted.
Work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. You must provide evidence of your working rights in Australia at time of application.