Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Corporate and Business Law
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $79,828 to $120,380
- 16 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Law
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Academic Level A| $79,828-$96,742 p.a.
- Academic Level B| $101-724-$120,380
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description for Associate Lecturer in Corporate and Business Law (Academic and Clinical/Practitioner)
- View Position Description for Lecturer in Corporate and Business Law (Academic and Clinical/Practitioner)
About the College of Business Government and Law
The College of Business, Government and Law fosters future-oriented research and training. With a reputation for academic achievement and innovative thinking in business, commerce, health care management, politics and public policy, international relations, law, and criminology, the College is a forward-thinking place to research, study, and work, supported by practical work-ready opportunities, innovative teaching and industry connected researchers.
About the Role
In this role you will contribute to the innovative delivery of Law Topics, with a particular focus on Corporate and Business Law as either an Associate Lecturer (Academic or Clinical/Practitioner) or Lecturer (Academic or Clinical/Practitioner).
If you are passionate about Law and enjoy seeing people reach their full potential, Flinders University invites you to share your expertise to develop enterprising and career-ready graduates of the next generation. Whether you are committed to the scholarship of teaching or are in professional practice within the Law discipline, this is YOUR opportunity to be fearless and start or advance your teaching career at the top with Flinders University - ranked No.1 in South Australia for Law and Political Science.
Not only will you join a supportive and inclusive team, but you will also be rewarded with a clear career path and a workplace with amazing benefits such as 17% Superannuation, professional development opportunities to enrich your career journey, and salary packaging options. We even have a fully equipped gym and childcare centre onsite!
As the Associate Lecturer in Law (Academic), you will contribute to the preparation and delivery of the College’s Law topics, with the support and guidance of senior academics to aid your career progression and professional development in the higher education environment. You will plan and evaluate topics, create and deliver large and small group learning activities in person and online, and contribute to community service on behalf of the College and University.
As the Lecturer in Law (Academic), your leadership will contribute to excellence in teaching by making an independent and high-quality contribution to teaching via curriculum design and review, and the creation and delivery of large and small group learning activities in person and online. You will also contribute to community service and strengthen new and existing partnerships with external stakeholders that have potential for improved teaching, learning and research outcomes.
As an Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Law (Clinical/Practitioner), you will also strive to deliver the latest in learning through future-focused and interactive content and you will harness your real-world industry connections and knowledge to boost student career opportunities beyond study. You will draw on your professional experience and expertise, so you can apply your understanding of the nexus between teaching and learning, research, scholarship, and practice to ensure teaching is in step with contemporary professional practice.
(Please address the key position capabilities of the role you are applying for in your suitability statement).
With your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you will maintain strong relationships with diverse staff, students, and industry stakeholders. Your natural ability to collaborate and engage with relevant external professional domains will develop productive partnerships that can provide opportunities for students and promote graduate employability. Your keen attention to detail will allow you to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while always demonstrating a commitment to high quality service delivery.
Both Associate Lecturer and Lecturer in Corporate and Business Law (Academic) will have tertiary qualifications in Law and a PhD, or equivalent qualification in a relevant field. Both the Associate Lecturer and Lecturer in Corporate and Business Law (Clinical/Practitioner) will have tertiary qualifications in Law, and will bring recent, ongoing (concurrent) or extensive experience and knowledge of contemporary clinical/professional practice to the position.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world. Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them.
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- If applying for the Associate Lecturer in Corporate and Business Law, you are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- If applying for the Lecturer in in Corporate and Business Law, you are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Professor Tania Leiman
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10"00 pm:
16 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.