- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- 16 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Fixed Term until June 2023 | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the International Centre for Point-of-Care Testing
The International Centre for Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) work collaboratively with national and international partners to improve health care, access to pathology testing, and improve health outcomes. The Centre works to translate the national research and teaching expertise in the field of community based POCT to other national and international audiences, and as a result, build the capacity of rural and remote communities globally (particularly Indigenous communities) to develop solutions to improve both health service delivery and patient outcomes in their communities.
About the Role
ICPOCT are currently seeking an enthusiastic Scientific Assistant to join their team. As a Scientific Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of training to health workers at a range of sites. You will be responsible for providing scientific and technical support services in relation to troubleshooting point-of-care testing devices and related software; as well as providing quality management support services for internal quality control and external quality assurance frameworks.
To be successful to the role of Scientific Assistant, you will demonstrate:
- A Bachelor of Medical Science or equivalent degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of point-of-care testing and its application in the primary care sector
- Proven ability to manage, analyse and report on scientific data and keep clear records of research
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Sound computing skills and the ability to conduct literature surveys and access web-based information.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Phillip Sanders
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
29 Mar 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.