Research Fellow / Engineer, LEARN
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The project is an oral language proficiency evaluation on primary students. Specifically, the project is to provide an automatic interface to help primary students practice and improve in their mother tongue learning.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Help in data collection.
- Data preprocessing.
- Good command of programming in any programming language.
- Degree in EE, CS or related areas, preferably with good knowledge in speech recognition, natural language processing
- Good understanding and application experience of machine learning algorithms
- Familiar with speech decoding algorithms under the end-to-end framework will be advantageous.
- Familiar with one or more of the open-source tools such as Kaldi, Tensorflow, and Pytorch will be advantageous.
- Experience in speech processing and natural language processing or other related algorithms will be advantageous.
- Experience in speech recognition and language learning, and a good knowledge of general machine learning, especially neural networks.
- Experience in speech recognition and language learning will be advantageous.
- Training will be provided.