Lecturer in Accounting
- VIETNAMESE-GERMAN UNIVERSITY
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is seeking a highly qualified full-time lecturer in Accounting. Candidates must hold a PhD in this field or a closely related field and have a strong background in research. Relevant international experience is of advantage. The successful candidate will become part of an international network of universities and research institutes.
In the role of a lecturer, the successful candidate will teach graduate courses in MBA program and undergraduate courses in Business Administration and Finance and Accounting. The expected workload for the in-class lecture conduction is 08 academic hours per week, totaling 240 academic hours per year (1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes). The extra teaching hours can be added up in the certain circumstances.
Teaching should reflect current research methods and results, and comprises lectures on the following modules:
- Introduction to Accounting at the level of textbooks such as Introduction to Financial Accounting by Weygandt, Kimmel and Kieso
- Cost Accounting at the level of textbooks such as Management and Cost accounting by C. Drury
- International Accounting at the level of textbooks such as Practical Implementation Guide and Workbook for IFRS by Mirza and Holt
- and other elective courses within the expertise of the candidate, to be decided in consultation with the Faculty.
The named courses are subject to change upon realistic needs of the programs and joint agreement between the lecturer, relevant Academic Coordinators, and Dean/Vice Dean in charge of teaching. Courses may require conducting relevant laboratory activities and/or advising student projects.
The holder of this job is also responsible for supervising bachelor’s and master’s theses and mentoring PhD students.
As a faculty member of a research-oriented university, the successful candidate is expected to significantly contribute to the scientific profile of VGU through innovation. This includes and is not limited to comprehensive activities in basic research as well as applied research in the fields of Accounting, Economics and Management. The ability to apply and generate externally funded research projects is highly desirable.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the development of the Finance and Accounting Bachelor Program by participating in administrative, marketing and other public activities of the program in consultation with the Academic Coordinator of the study program and the German partner university, namely Goethe University Frankfurt. She or he is also expected to contribute actively to the academic self-administration of the Faculty of Economics and Management and university by being willing to stand for election to the Faculty Council, Academic Senate and/or other bodies.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Accounting or a closely related field, preferably from a well-known international university. A current title of Professor will be a plus, as experience and understanding of the German higher education system and methodology. Other requirements include:
- An outstanding academic record with a focus on Accounting or other areas closely related to it
- Proven expertise in accounting and management
- Strong track record of successful research activities and publications in international and peer-reviewed journals in the related area
- Proven teaching experience with strong self-motivation combined with a passion for teaching and research
- Experience in industry is of advantage
- Proven excellent English proficiency:
- Candidates who are from non-native English-speaking countries should include one of the following valid English proficiency certificates; IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 548(PBT), TOEFL 84 (iBT), TOEFL 212 (CBT), CEFR level B2 or Aptis level C1 at the time of application submission. Alternatively, candidates who do not hold a valid English proficiency certificate at the submission time need to be internally assessed at VGU to meet the criterion stated above.
The successful candidate will become part of a professional and interdisciplinary group of the faculty and have access to state-of-the-art laboratories. VGU supports its lecturers with attractive start-up endowments for quality research projects. VGU also supports participation in national and international conferences and the publishing of research papers.
VGU lecturers enjoy a rich cultural experience and a dynamic teaching environment through interactions with inquisitive and quality students.
Further information, e.g. regarding the appointment procedure, the competitive salary and research activities can be downloaded here.
To apply please send your application (with the following documents in one PDF max. size: 5 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Accounting_[Your Name]”
Your application should include:
- Form for basic information (Please download, complete this form electronically and submit it together with your application)
- A cover letter stating your interest in joining VGU
- Curriculum Vitae (including list of publications) Scans of university degrees, university transcripts and other relevant certificates
- Scans of language certificates (if applicable)
- References illustrating your professional and academic career, including contact details of references (if available, highly appreciated)
- Evaluation results for teaching (if available)
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by VGU's international Application Review Team.
For further information, please contact:
- Dr. Lars Pilz (FA and BA Academic Director) at email@example.com,
- Dr. LE Minh Hanh (FA Academic Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese public university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a cooperation higher education institution between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with the goal of becoming the leading research university in Vietnam and the region.
VGU´s strategy is to customize excellent German study programs in the fields of engineering, informatics and economics to meet the needs of Vietnamese higher education. Being a joint effort of Vietnamese and German institutions, VGU follows the successful German model and standards concerning the academic and administrative structures.
Native English speakers (e.g. from the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, Australia, Canada or New Zealand) do not have to submit an English proficiency certificate if the interviewers are satisfied with the interviewees English level at the time of interview.