Executive Assistant & Project Officer- Sydney Law School
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed-term contract until 31 December 2023. Located on the Camperdown Campus at the University of Sydney Law School
- Opportunity to join a globally recognised leading legal educator, highly respected for teaching and research
- Base Salary (HEO6) $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Sydney Law School is welcoming applications for an experienced Executive Assistant and Project Officer to provide the full suite of professional executive support services to Deputy Head of School and Deputy Dean, Associate Deans and the School General Manager (Leadership Team) ensuring the specific needs and day-to-day requirements are managed in a highly efficient and effective manner.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- act as the first point of contact representing the Leadership Team, providing broad, high level professional executive support
- manage the general day to day operations and administration activity for the Leadership Team (this may include Unibuy, Concur and Workday)
- provide administrative support to various School committees
- ensure quality application of, and compliance with, University administration policies and procedures.
- build and manages effective working rapport with key stakeholders and staff across the University
- undertake ad-hoc projects and other activities.
- a degree or/and equivalent combination of training and experience
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes with keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated self-starting approach to work
- excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to engage in independent consultation with a wide range of staff in a large complex organisation and, as appropriate, with external parties
- excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders whilst ensuring a strong client focussed outlook
- advanced computer skills in the MS Office suite with extensive diary management experience
- analytic skills and the ability to bring multiple perspectives to problem solving
- it is desirable you have knowledge of Unibuy, Concur and Workday
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Lena Jiang, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 02 April 2023 11:59 PM