Temporary Faculty Pool: Social Work - Field
- SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
- San Diego
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Social Sciences, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Temporary Faculty Pool: Social Work - Field
Location: San Diego, CA
Open Date: Dec 14, 2021
The San Diego State University School of Social Work maintains open "pools" of applications for temporary faculty positions and reviews the pools on an as-needed basis to identify qualified applicants for available instructional work. We welcome applications from prospective temporary faculty with expertise and experience in the following areas, and encourage applicants to apply to all pools they are qualified for:
- Social Work: Macro practice (policy, administration, organizations and communities) - http://apply.interfolio.com/98504
- Social Work: Direct clinical practice (including motivational interviewing and other treatment modalities) - http://apply.interfolio.com/98505
- Social Work: Research (research methods and evaluation) - http://apply.interfolio.com/98506
- Social Work: Human Behavior in the Social Environment - http://apply.interfolio.com/98507
- Social Work: Aging, Gerontology and Older Adults - http://apply.interfolio.com/98508
- Social Work: Children, Youth and Families - http://apply.interfolio.com/98509
- Social Work: International Social Work - http://apply.interfolio.com/98510
- Social Work: Housing Issues - http://apply.interfolio.com/98511
- Social Work: Health and Mental Health - http://apply.interfolio.com/98512
- Social Work: Addictions: Assessment and Treatment - http://apply.interfolio.com/98513
- Social Work: Field - http://apply.interfolio.com/100403
Temporary appointments may be either full or part-time. Initial appointments are typically one semester or one academic year, to be renewed contingent on satisfactory evaluations and continuing availability of work. Applications will remain in our applicant pool for a maximum of two years. All applications two years or older will be purged each year on the first business day in June. You will need to reapply after that date if your application was submitted two years prior and still want to be considered.
- Graduate degree in Social Work required for teaching social work practice courses and highly preferred for other teaching areas.
- At least two years of post-Masters related experience.
- Demonstrated currency in subject matter
- University teaching experience preferred
We are seeking applicants with demonstrated experience in and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups. Candidates must satisfy three or more of the eight SDSU Building on Inclusive Excellence (BIE) criteria. BIE criteria can serve as a powerful tool for recruiting candidates whose expertise and experience aligns with our campus commitment to diversity. Candidates that meet BIE criteria:
- The candidate has experience and is committed to engaging in service with underrepresented populations in higher education.
- The candidate has acquired knowledge of barriers for underrepresented students and faculty in higher education.
- The candidate has experience in teaching and mentoring underrepresented students.
- The candidate has experience in integrating understanding of underrepresented populations and communities into research.
- The candidate has experience in extending knowledge of opportunities and challenges in achieving artistic/scholarly success to members of an underrepresented group.
- The candidate has experience in research that engages underrepresented communities.
- The candidate has experience and interest developing expertise in cross-cultural communication and collaboration.
- The candidate has research interests that contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education.
Please describe in your cover letter how you meet at least three or more of these criteria.
To apply, please upload the following items to the Interfolio application:
- A cover letter of application [including an articulation of how you meet at least three Building on Inclusive Excellence (BIE) criteria above]
- Curriculum Vitae
- Sample syllabus (if available)
- Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The salary schedule information for the Lecturer - 12 month Classification is available based on the following ranges:
Lecturer A (Range 2 ) - $5,168 - 6,946
Lecturer B (Range 3) - $6,190 - 13,797
Lecturer C (Range 4) - $7,102 - 15,145
Lecturer D (Range 5) - $8,964 - 15,864
The anticipated hiring range is generally at or near the minimum of the appropriate range, commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/100403
SDSU is a Title IX, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency