Senior Contracts Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF BATH
- Bath, Somerset (GB)
- Starting from £44,414, rising to £52,841
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Research & Innovation
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Department: Research and Innovation Services (RIS)
Salary: Starting from £44,414, rising to £52,841
Closing date: Tuesday 04 April 2023
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Contracts Officer (SCO) to join the Department of Research & Innovation Services (RIS).
About the role:
Alongside another SCO, you will:
- Take leadership responsibility for managing the research contracts portfolio
- Triage/allocate matters
- Manage oversight of the contracts process, ensuring timely communication with stakeholders and co-ordination with faculties and senior academics
- Ensure the right balance is struck between timely completion and management of risk
- Support the Head of Contracts (HoC) in ensuring continuous process improvement
- Develop/oversee bank of template contracts
- Deputise for the HoC as necessary (at meetings etc)
- Line manage, coach and develop a number of Contracts Officers
This role is offered on a full-time (36.5 hours per week) permanent basis; other arrangements will be considered.
Our ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of research administration and legal contracts in the context of HE
- Ability to work closely with senior management
- Strategical thinking
- Interpersonal, analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Numerical and IT skills
- Commitment to the support and development of the team
- Leadership and management competence
- Ability to work under pressure / cope with competing priorities
RIS oversees the implementation of the University of Bath’s strategic research priorities managing research systems and reporting requirements. RIS supports the research activity of all researchers with professional development, collaboration and funding opportunities, ethics and responsible conduct compliance, due diligence, contracts, project management and intellectual property.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Amy Charles Persson (Head of Contracts).
What we can offer you:
We are an equal opportunities employer and have an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations. We have made a positive commitment towards gender equality and intersectionality receiving a Silver Athena SWAN award.
A family-friendly University with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements.
- A very generous employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance with an additional 5 discretionary days so that you can enjoy a positive work life balance
- An excellent reward package that recognises the talents of our diverse workforce
- A wide range of personal and professional development opportunities
A number of support options available for new and existing staff to help with the cost of some immigration expenses which you may be eligible for.
Our campus is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the City of Bath with its historic charm and social activity only a short distance away creates an excellent environment in which to work. Find out from our staff what makes the University of Bath a great place to work. Follow us on Twitter for more information.
We aim to be an inclusive university, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and students, so we encourage applications from all genders, backgrounds, and communities, particularly from under-represented groups such as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and disabled people, and value the positive impact that will have on our teams.
We are very proud to be an autism friendly university and are an accredited Disability Confident Leader; committed to building disability confidence and supporting disabled staff.
If you think you may require a visa to work in the UK, you should refer to our guidance on the Skilled Worker Visa before embarking on a job application to ensure you understand the requirements for sponsorship. You may be eligible to work in the UK via other alternative visa routes such as the Global Talent Visa or by having Settlement / Indefinite Leave to Remain - please refer to our Staff Immigration webpages for further details.
Update to our application process
We are constantly seeking to reduce the unconscious bias that enters any assessment process, with the goal of creating an inclusive and equal assessment process. To support this, personal details will be removed from application forms at the initial shortlisting stage.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Senior Contracts Officer, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Research Contracts Officer, Contracts Process Officer, Senior Contracts Co-ordinator, Senior Contract Officer, or Contracts Executive.