Research Fellow (3D Bioprinting)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Opening for Research Fellow (3D Bioprinting) (Job Brief)
NUS Centre for Additive Manufacturing (AM.NUS) is inviting applications for the position of Research Fellow for 3D bioprinting. As a Research Fellow in AM.NUS, you will be working on projects on the following areas:
- Initiate and write proposal for projects related to bioprinting and health care.
- Design and develop advanced bioinks for 3D bioprinting applications.
- Design and print biological scaffolds with 3D bioprinters for different tissue engineering applications with knowledge of 3D bioprinting technology, capabilities and limitations of various bioprinters, biomaterial properties, feasibilities, etc.
- Operate some machines (including but not limited to 3D bioprinters), provide training to new users.
- Undertake internal capability development projects and collaborative projects with researchers and industrial partners.
- Produce scientific research papers and grant proposals, and present in seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Explore collaborations with researchers and industrial partners.
- Assist laboratory safety and procurement whenever necessary.
The NUS Centre for Additive Manufacturing (AM.NUS) leverages the National University of Singapore (NUS)’s world-class faculties, expertise and advanced capabilities in 3D printing technology, to bring innovative products to the field of healthcare that will improve patient outcomes and change lives for the better. AM.NUS will explore a whole new dimension in medicine, applying ground-breaking 3D printing technology for personalized patient treatments.
AM.NUS is the only multi-disciplinary Additive Manufacturing (AM) center in an Institute of Higher Learning in Singapore which comprises the following Faculties (Medicine, Science, Dentistry and Design & Engineering). The Centre is supported both internally by NUS and externally by National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC).
- PhD Degree in Bioengineering/Materials Engineering/Biochemical Engineering or related field.
- 1 year research experience in related area. Fresh PhD graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Expertise in 3D printing/bioprinting, biological and/or microbiological culture.
- Publication track record is a plus.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.