Research Assistant, Production Radiochemist (Clinical Imaging Research Centre)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Production Radiochemist in the Department of Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. CIRC is a dedicated molecular imaging research centre. It is equipped with on-site capability for the preparation of PET radiopharmaceuticals in a state-of-the-art GMP-certified facility. CIRC is positioned to support both academic and commercially led clinical research programs, with dedicated clinical imaging facilities area advanced modalities of PET-CT and PET-MRI. For more details on what we do, do visit https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/circ/. Appointments will be made on a two-years contract basis with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Production Radiochemist at Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) is responsible for the routine production of radiopharmaceuticals inside the Clean Room environment, in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). The Radiochemist will be assisting in the method development and validation of new radiopharmaceuticals, including the preparation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other quality documentation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Production Radiochemist will be able to:
- Perform basic maintenance/troubleshooting of automated synthesis modules, hot cells and other lab equipment
- Maintain consumable inventories needed for production and re-ordering of stock as necessary
- Perform clean room housekeeping and environmental monitoring
- Safe handling of radioactive materials and disposes hazardous waste according to University regulations
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Head of Production/ Operations Manager
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Personnel should be:
- Willing to work with radioactive materials Able to read, listen and understand technical direction and procedures Able to lift heavy loads (up to 14kg with both hands)
The applicant should:
- Have a minimum of BSc degree in Synthetic Organic/ Inorganic/ Medical Chemistry or a related field;
- Practical experiences in general wet laboratory techniques, such as analytical balance operations, pipetting, pH measurement and reagents preparation.
- Hand-on experience in operating HPLC and interpreting data analysis results.
- Experiences in pharmaceutical production under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is an added advantage.
- Experiences in radiolabeling and purification techniques with short-lived radioisotopes (F-18, C-11, Ga-68) or Lu-177 is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as a constructive team player.
- Require critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fresh graduate with relevant academic and skills will be considered for this position
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of two (2) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16432