Research Assistant (Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The NUS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is a premier institution that actively builds peaks of excellence through the promotion of ground-breaking, high-impact research in innovative areas of relevance to Singapore and the Asia-Pacific.
Applications are invited to apply for a full-time position as Research Assistant (RA) at FASS Research Division. The appointment will be tenable for a period of 1 year at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
The RA will assist with the following duties:
- Provide support in SRN matters, grant-related research communications and events
- Assist with Research Division’s grant-related matters
- Assist PI with research cluster events and budget
- Assist in the development and update of Research Division's website
- Other adhoc duties as assigned
The candidate should possess the following:
- A Honours or Masters degree in a humanities or social sciences discipline
- Research interests in humanities or social sciences
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in managing budgets is an advantage
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and internet management tools
Experience with the use of social media, blogging and in online content creation (videos etc) will be an added advantage but not essential.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Dean's Office (Arts & Social Sc.)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18777