Associate Professor, Audiology Programme
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
To innovate and strengthen the teaching and research capacity of the NUS audiology programme, with a focus on academic excellence and scholarship; To make significant contributions to and grow the discipline of audiology both in Singapore and regionally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To -carry a teaching portfolio in the area of adult aural rehabilitation (i.e. diagnostic assessment, hearing technology, tinnitus assessment and management).
- To conduct training for short courses (e.g. adult hearing screening course, etc.) and actively pursue the development of new Continuing Education courses.
- To undertake student clinical supervision during non-academic periods at the Centre for Hearing, Speech & Balance.
- To conduct independent research and provide research supervision to MSc / PhD students.
- To oversee student progress in both academic and clinical education.
- (Optional) To provide clinical care service at an affiliated hospital (i.e. National University Hospital) through a joint appointment arrangement, based on the clinical expertise of the candidate.
(Please state Qualification, Years of Experience, Knowledge & Skills required.)
- Qualification: Candidate must hold a PhD, preferably with Audiology or Hearing Science & Rehabilitation.
- Years of experience: Approximately 5 or more years of teaching experience (preferably 5 years for Senior Lecturer position, and 10 years for Associate Professor position, with evidence of strong leadership qualities in a higher education environment ). Candidates with extensive clinical experience in Audiology or Hearing Rehabilitation, and some teaching experience in higher education -will also be considered.
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Essential knowledge required for this teaching role includes adult aural rehabilitation, tinnitus, and/or hearing technology. Preference will be given to candidates with extensive clinical experience in Audiology across a variety of diagnostic and rehabilitative setting.
- Candidates who apply for the Associate Professor position should demonstrate strong leadership qualities , and preferably be acknowledged as a domain expert in a specific area of Audiology at an international level.
- Candidates should demonstrate a strong track record in research (or student research supervision) having published extensively in peer-reviewed journals within the last 10 years .
- Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They must have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse disciplinary backgrounds.
- Candidates with experience in student clinical placement or clinical education will have an advantage.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.