Research Assistant (Molecular Biology)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore is looking for a research assistant to help with microbiology tasks related to different research projects in the field of environmental microbiology. The Research Assistant will work closely with other lab members and will assist in many stages of the research process, including sampling campaigns, experiment set-ups, sample collection, data analysis and documentation of experiment results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Wet lab tasks will include microbial cultures, DNA-RNA-Protein extraction and purification, PCR, microbial isolation, enzymatic assays.
- General assistance with research studies, experiments, preparation of material, and documentation.
- Evaluation of research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Data entry and maintenance of data files.
- Compliance of safety procedures and help maintain risk assessment documentation.
- Assistance with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Literature research on specified topics.
- Other duties might be required based on necessity.
The work is split between laboratory and desk work, with occasional field trips.
We seek a highly motivated applicant with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in life sciences, biology, environmental microbiology or related fields. Minimum two years of laboratory experience with molecular biology laboratories is advantageous. The ideal applicant should also possess strong organizational and communication skills, be able to work extremely well with others in a collaborative team environment and be culturally sensitive. The applicant for this position must also be willing to spend time at field sites situated in remote parts of SE Asia.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute