Research Fellow, A / Prof Ng Siok Bian, Pathology
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for talented individuals to join the NSB Lab at Department of Pathology, NUS. Our team aims to understand molecular mechanism underlying natural killer / T-cell Lymphoma (NKTCL), which is an aggressive disease with very poor treatment outcomes in the advanced stages. Using a combinational analytical approach via gene and miRNA expression profiling on paraffin embedded tissue samples, our team has uncovered the molecular signatures and important oncogenic pathways in NKTCL, and identified novel biomarkers and potential therapeutic targets. The long term goal is to delineate and validate key biomarkers and oncogenic pathways in NKTCL and identifying molecular subsets of prognostic and clinical importance. Highly motivated individuals with a passion to understand disease mechanism and to advance personalised and preventive medicine are encouraged to apply.
- Project planning, data analysis, manuscript preparation and grant applications.
- Perform experiments involving cell culture, molecular biology, sequencing, microRNA-related experiments, immunohistochemistry, and bioinformatics, etc.
- Present research findings at lab meetings and seminars
- Contribute to collaborative projects.
- Guide and train students and junior lab members.
- Assist in lab management with other lab members.
- Uphold research integrity and ensure safety compliance.
- Applicants should possess a PhD in life sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, bioengineering or equivalent from a local university. Applicant who obtained his/her PhD in 5 years or less is preferred.
- Experience with cancer molecular and cell biology will be considered favorably.
- Able to undertake independent research and be an effective team player.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Committed, able to work flexible hours and within the deadline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 10527