Research Fellow (Learning-Based Control)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
A Research Fellow position is open in the research group of Assistant Professor Zhao Lin, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS).
The Research Fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) in developing AI-assisted planning and control algorithms to enable more intelligent and robust autonomous aerial vehicle control and multi-agent collaborations. The design will be demonstrated using quadrotors.
The candidates will be responsible for conducting theoretical research on control, learning, and game theory, designing new learning-based control algorithms, and algorithm verification through simulation and real experiments.
- Possess a PhD Degree in either Electrical Engineering or strictly related (e.g., Mathematics, Computer, Communication, Mechanical, or Information Engineering).
- Have expertise in control theory, deep reinforcement learning theory, and game theory.
- Have substantial research experiences in learning-based control, robotics, reinforcement learning, model predictive control, quadrotor control.
- Possess a strong academic record proved through coursework (especially math-intensive courses) and projects during his/her undergraduate and doctoral studies.
- Proficient in C++ or Python. Familiar with machine-learning tools and packages.
- Have well-established analytical and problem-solving skills, as documented by publications that are relevant to the field of reinforcement learning and control for robotics applications.
- Excellent communication skills as he/she is required to publish and to present results at conferences and journals independently.
- Activity performed in world-class research environments is highly valued.
- Preferably with a solid mathematical background (such as in calculus, linear algebra, ODE/PDE, real analysis, measure theory, probability theory, stochastic process, optimization, etc).
- Strong publication record in leading journals and conferences are highly valued.
- Practical hands-on experience of applying reinforcement learning to real robotics applications (e.g., autonomous driving, unmanned aerial vehicles) will be preferred
- Open to fixed term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18906