Research Assistant (CFPR, NUS)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
We are seeking enthusiastic and capable full-time Research Associate and/or Research Assistant for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research (CFPR), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore. CFPR is dedicated to scientific advancement of research and training in the study of trends, determinants, and consequences of family and population changes, particularly changes in Asia.
Background on the project
The global trend of increasing proportion of older adult population who never had a child in their lives is historically unprecedented and has raised grave concerns around the world about challenges in old-age support. A key feature of this study is to compare childless aging in Singapore and Thailand – two of Southeast Asia’s most aged societies. The comparative study will examine the demographics of childless older populations, pathways to childlessness, and the well-being of childless older persons using both quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
The Research Associate/Research Assistant is expected to provide research support and administrative responsibility for the project with A/Prof Bussarawan (Puk) Teerawichitchainan (Sociology/CFPR, NUS) as the Principal Investigator and A/Prof Christine Ho (Economics, SMU) as the co-Principal Investigator. The duties of the Research Associate/Research Assistant include the following:
- Assist PI and co-PI with data analysis, literature review, and prepare research manuscripts;
- Assist PI and co-PI with administrative coordination for the project;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Possible commencement is March/April 2023. The appointment will be tenable for a period of six months with a possibility for extension. Review of applications will start till the position is filled.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in the Social Sciences, Statistics, Public Policy, or Health Sciences.
- We are willing to consider candidates with bachelor’s degree with strong quantitative or qualitative research background;
- Experience with statistical packages such as STATA and analyses of large survey data is preferred;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Sociology and Anthropology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18905