Research Fellow (Oligonucleotide Therapy for Leukemia Treatment)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 15 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellow for “Oligonucleotide therapy for leukemia treatment” in the laboratory of Dr Minh Le at the Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Dr Minh Le’s lab focuses on the use of red blood cell extracellular vesicles to deliver nucleic acid-based therapeutics (more information at https://lelabnus.wordpress.com/). The Department of Pharmacology aims to provide quality training and research facilities to enable impactful research outcomes in areas related to drug development and drug action. Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible for conducting research on cell culture, mouse experiments and various functional assays. They will work closely with the Principal Investigator and team members to ensure successful and timely completion of experiments. The RF’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as molecular cell experiments, in vivo mouse experiments, data collection, data analysis, manuscript writing and presentations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will perform assays in cell culture and in mouse models. The RF will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Mentor 1-2 graduate students, undergraduate students or research assistants;
- Design and perform the experiments;
- Analyse the data, present the data to lab members, and write publication reports; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a Ph.D. degree in Molecular Cell Biology, Biomedical Science or related disciplines;
- Be fluent in English;
- Have strong research experience in related ﬁelds including nanomedicine, cancer biology, and extracellular vesicles;
- Have strong experience with human cell culture and in vivo experiments in mouse models;
- Have at least one ﬁrst-author research paper in a good journal; and
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigation nature and have attention to detail.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Minh Le, at email@example.com.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Pharmacology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18876