QA Test Engineer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $111,966 + 17% superannuation
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time one-year, fixed term position
- Deploy your subject matter expertise to analyse, design and implement measures for early defect detection
- Base Salary $111,966 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing tests and analysing requirements for early defect detection. You will be responsible for tracking quality metrics for a range of systems or applications that make up business services. The role focuses on quality assurance on the whole product life cycle (SDLC), automating tests for software maintenance to work out ways to prevent bugs and defects efficiently.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- take responsibility for the provision and operation of test automation solutions and ensure conformity to standards that will meet key priorities of services across the University
- support manual testing effort across various products
- develop and implement standard operating procedures for test automation solutions
- research and analyse information and make recommendations based on relevant evidence
- ensure compliance with the University's policies as well as Enterprise Testing quality control measures
- work collaboratively with the ICT teams and stakeholders to identify and manage quality improvements.
- substantial experience in testing and strong technical competence in automation testing
- excellent Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC), Agile methodology and IT Quality Assurance knowledge
- knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for anticipating, recognising, managing, and resolving test automation problems
- experience liaising with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and prioritize activities
- previous experience in developing complex automation testing frameworks for pipelines and regression testing
- demonstrated experience with CI / CD Pipelines and working in an AGILE Environment.
Closing date for applications
11.59 pm, 29th March 2023
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Toby Berryman, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 29 March 2023 11:59 PM