Assistant / Associate Professor in Business & Data Analytics
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region, and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65.000 graduates. The “UAEU aims to be an innovative, socially-conscious university which will generate a community of future leaders by encouraging collaborative research, providing a learner-centric educational experience and cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship.” (mission statement).
With the vision of “Advancing Knowledge, Serving Society, and Developing Future Leaders.” In line with this mission and vision, the College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to «be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IR», and focusing on - leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4IR, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation; - accelerated development of graduate education; and - strengthening corporate relations and internationalisation.
As part of this strategy, the CBE is now recruiting an Assistant / Associate Professor in Business Analytics with a proven strength in these fields.
While we welcome applications from academics with diverse backgrounds in management information systems (MIS), we have a specific interest in candidates who possess expertise and/or interest in teaching courses related to MIS, business analytics, data visualization, business intelligence, and/or machine learning applications. Ideal candidates should possess a thorough understanding of the practical applications of data analytics tools and techniques in the business world. The position entails teaching at undergraduate and graduate level, and strong engagement with practice and the business community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The appointed candidate will be expected to: Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in MIS and business analytics;
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading internationally recognized journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Provide consultancy to researchers, and the business community.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in business & data analytics, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE.
The review of applications will begin on 1st May, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure that your application is considered, please, apply before the application review date is advised.
A generous benefits package is offered to successful applicants, which includes a competitive tax-free salary that is determined according to rank and experience, yearly round-trip air tickets for the instructor and his/her family (spouse and up to three children), tuition support for children's schooling, a one-time settling-in allowance, free housing accommodation, free health care insurance, paid holidays and summer vacation, and an end-of-contract gratuity.
- A PhD in a discipline directly related to business analytics (e.g., business analytics, data science, MIS, information management or a related discipline) from an internationally recognized university;
- A research record in MIS & business analytics; and demonstrated ability to publish in leading international journals;
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching analytics-related courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Experience in providing analytics consultancy to researchers and the business community;
- Open to cross-disciplinary cooperation in research, teaching and (program) development;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as a flexible and versatile team player.
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Analytics in the Digital Era-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty