Learning Experience Designer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $100,032 + 17% superannuation
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 29 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- A fantastic opportunity to design and develop solutions as a Learning Experience Designer to shape the future of healthcare
- The Learning Experience Designer (LED) plays a leading role in the design and development of solutions for the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Two full-time continuing positions with a base salary starting at $100,032 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is now ranked 38th in the world for 2022 university rankings, moving up 5 places in the last year. Our graduate employability is 1st in Australia, and 4th in the world; our subject rankings in Medicine are rated 1st in Australia, and 18th in the world.
As such we are seeking two Learning Experience Designers. The Learning Experience Designer plays a leading role in the design and development of solutions for the Sydney Health Executive Education (SHEEd) unit in the Faculty of Medicine and Health. The role is responsible for the design and development of targeted short courses and tailored or bespoke health executive education solutions for partner organisations. The LED works in conjunction with the Business Manager, Client Partner Director, academics, affiliates and/or key stakeholders in partner organisations to co-design and develop solutions and key materials that help enhance knowledge, skills, and mindsets for the learner. A review of the impact and effectiveness of each solution is completed post each intervention. Enhancements (minor and major) are made to enhance the user experience or partner organisation outcomes.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- consult with and advise to co-design innovative learning solutions for stakeholders
- design and develop digital learning assets and online learning sites and resources to provide creative learner-centric experiences, both online and blended, that are based on sound educational design principles
- contribute to the ongoing identification and implementation of modern learning practices, processes, and technology for the work area
- provide timely and successful execution and project management of assignments and deliverables
- make data driven decisions and adopt a prioritisation criterion to projects
- perform work activities relevant to the role's key accountabilities as approved by the Business Manager.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- applied knowledge of University policies and procedures and administrative processes within a tertiary environment
- experience designing learning solutions, preferably in a corporate environment
- demonstrated experience effectively coordinating activities and projects
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes
- clear and effective and tactful communication skills (both verbal and written) together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement, along with the ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- proficient with Canvas, Canvas 2, or other learning platforms, Microsoft Office software, website creation software, video editing software, digital learning software, databases, and networking applications such as email and calendar packages.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, via email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 29 March 2023 11:59 PM