Vice President Academic Affairs
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is one of the leading business schools in Europe, accredited by AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS. To continue our successful journey and to help us reach our vision to become Europe’s leader in scientific excellence for impactful finance and management education, we are looking for exceptional candidates to fill the full-time, tenured position of
Vice President Academic Affairs (m/f/d)
The Vice President Academic Affairs reports directly to the President and has overall responsibility for hiring and developing the faculty of Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. Academic Directors of degree programs, Department Heads, and the Head of Faculty Administration report to the Vice President Academic Affairs. The Vice President Academic Affairs represents faculty on the management board and provides academic leadership in the faculty council. The term of Vice President Academic Affairs is five years; a renewal is possible.
- Provides academic and operational leadership for the faculty
- Develops and implements an overarching strategy for the faculty
- Chairs, coordinates, and oversees department-led hiring and promotions
- Contributes to the effective and responsible financial management and oversight across faculty
- Contributes to alignment and implementation of business planning, operating activity, and strategic projects as part of the school’s leadership team
- Manages key external and internal stakeholders of the faculty
- At least five years of experience in research and teaching at a business school
- Fulfills the requirements of a professorial rank according to § 68 Hessian Law of Higher Education (HHG)
- At least five years of demonstrated leadership and administrative experience in a higher education setting, especially in faculty management
- Experience with institutional governance, national and international accreditation processes
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and a professional work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders
- International experience
- Fluency in English and German
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic and collegial work environment. If you are passionate about academic leadership and are committed to impact, science, and excellence, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We value diversity and seek exceptional applicants from all backgrounds. Frankfurt School is an equal-opportunity employer. Frankfurt School is committed to gender equality and explicitly encourages women to apply.
Are you interested?
Review of applications will begin on April 24, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your CV, cover letter, and other relevant documents via e-mail to the Office of the President (email@example.com). All applications will be treated confidentially.
For questions about the position, please contact Professor Nils Stieglitz, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Find more information: www.frankfurt-school.de
Apply for Vice President Academic Affairs
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly