2 days left
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £29,619 per annum
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Assistant.
The postholder will be an active member within the Ocular Drug Delivery research group in the School of Pharmacy, Queen’s University Belfast. The Research Assistant will be the active member of the spinout company, Re-Vana Therapeutics, a preclinical stage company focused on developing innovative long-acting drug delivery systems.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A Degree or equivalent in subject relevant to research activity.
- At least 1 years’ experience in the following:
- Use of HPLC for analysis of biologics
- Experience in running biological assays such as ELISA, SDS-PAGE, and bioburden
- Experience in characterisation of controlled drug delivery systems
- Experience in laboratory activities such as drafting SOPs, equipment calibration and maintenance.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term for 12 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Shirish Yakkundi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants