- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £29,619 per annum pro-rata
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Part Time
The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work (SSESW) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Assistant. The post holder will be an active member of the research project/team assisting in the planning and delivery of research activity within a specified area so that the overall research objectives of the project are met. The post is part-time, 14.8hpw.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A postgraduate degree or equivalent in subject relevant to research activity.
- Evidence of continuous professional development in Early Childhood Studies or equivalent.
- Ability to undertake qualitative/ethnographic/participatory research with young children and their families including preparing, setting up, conducting and recording the outcome of field work.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant equipment, software and techniques such as video and audio recording equipment, virtual meetings software and data management systems and protocols.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term for 12 months or until 5 June 2024, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Patricia Nicholl at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants