Manager, Business Development (HEO 8)
7 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Adelaide, Australia
- $104,143 to $117,307 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
- Based in the newly created UniSA Enterprise Hub
- One full-time fixed term contract until 16 April 2024 and one full-time, continuing position
- Salary from $104,143 to $117,307 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Enterprise Partnerships Unit
The Enterprise Partnerships Unit brings together the functions and activities of business development, partnership with industries, community groups and Aboriginal corporations; business incubation; research translation and commercialisation through the establishment of the UniSA Enterprise Hub™. It acknowledges our research capabilities and takes these to partnerships via a sector-based approach and services that are articulated in ways that are accessible to business and community. It also provides unified and clear points of support and contact for our research community at UniSA.
About the Role
As the Manager: Business Development you will develop strategic relationships and new partnerships with industry segments at both national and international level, generating revenue from education and training, research and innovation partnerships. You will provide advice and guidance within the university on research and consultancy activities, and on the development and delivery of stakeholder focused education and training programs.
- Provide advice and guidance to key internal stakeholders on all aspects of research and consultancy activities, including implications of government initiatives and legislative requirements
- Develop and implement strategic business development plans for specified research centres to achieve agreed revenue targets
- Assess new opportunities in relation to market and stakeholder needs and work closely with the Commercialisation team to maximise research translation
- Develop and execute commercial research project proposals and stakeholder focused education and training programs
Essential Skills and Experience
- A qualification in a relevant discipline coupled with experience in Business Development
- Experience in the development of strategic relationships with a track record of achieving agreed targets
- Commercial and project management experience in a complex organisation
- High level research and analytical skills to provide advice and recommendations to senior management
- Knowledge of intellectual property including methods of identification, evaluation and protection
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Alex Koszegi, Senior Consultant: Talent Sourcing. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5025.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Sunday 2 April 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position DescriptionOpens in new window
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.