Planning and Analytics Data Specialist
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services, Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time at 1.0FTE
- Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the Information and Digital Services
Information and Digital Services (IDS) are a pivotal resource of the University, providing information and digital technology services and support to the Flinders University staff and student community. The IDS team apply technical expertise to support university projects and provide core services such as the IDS Service Desk, Audio visual, simulation, and event services, Planning and analytics, Information security and identity access management services and more.
About the Role
As the Planning & Analytics Data Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of planning, data and analytical services to the university, as well as supporting the creation and publication of data-driven content that is delivered to various stakeholders across Flinders University.
This role encompasses various elements such as technical management and support, technical vision and roadmap, risk management, governance, and ways of working. Some of the key position responsibilities include:
- Providing assistance and support in developing, visualising and publishing information assets in accordance with Planning and Analytics principles, guardrails and design standards.
- Supporting internal or external benchmarking, regulatory, cyclical, and any other mandatory reporting or information requirements for the University.
- Periodically participating in knowledge building activities and events to be aware of latest/best practices related to the role and to keep skills and knowledge up to date. Supporting an agile based way of working to manage, refine, and prioritise the activity backlog based on relevant customer and IDS priorities.
As the successful candidate, you have acquired tertiary qualification in Data Analytics or relevant technical area, and/or relevant experience. You are passionate about using data to solve real-world problems and have a growth mindset. You have a hands-on attitude and work well individually as well as part of a close-knit team of professionals.
Some of the key position capabilities of the role are:
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Excel.
- Experience using tools such as PowerBI to develop data visualisations and dashboards designed to meet users’ needs.
- General knowledge of enterprise data modelling and database design.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- To apply online, please visit the Jobs@Flinders website via the job portal: JR0000007099 Planning And Analytics Data Specialist
- In addition to uploading your CV, please submit a Cover Letter addressing your suitability for this role by referring to the key position capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Kelly Marshall
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
27 Mar 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.