Biomedical Enterprise Manager
2 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $111,966 to $126,271 + 17% superannuation
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Research & Innovation
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Play an integral part in driving the Biomedical Enterprise initiative at USYD
- Full time, fixed-term contract until February 2026
- Base Salary $111,966 to $126,271 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Research Enterprise Team within DVC Research at the University of Sydney is looking for an exceptional individual to be their new Biomedical Enterprise Manager and play a key role in the strategic development of the Sydney Biomedical Accelerator. Reporting to the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Research Enterprise and working closely with Strategic Ventures, the Commercialisation Office and the Sydney Knowledge Hub, your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate the development of strategic planning documents for the area
- identify opportunities and prepare proposals for precinct-specific and innovation ecosystem grants
- implement project plans to provide effective management of activities and deliverables
- identify and document existing research with translation potential (pipeline mapping)
- contribute to committees and working groups focused on developing Sydney Biomedical Accelerator
- cultivate strong stakeholder relationships to engage and consult with potential industry partners
- advocate, communicate and market the Sydney Biomedical Accelerator enterprise initiative
- tertiary qualifications in Biomedicine and/or relative working experience or science field
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects
- exceptional attention to detail, coupled with the ability to pivot and change focus when needed
- exceptional understanding of project management scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration
- excellent writing skills
- previous experience in the higher education sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organisation.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Nicole Cunningham, Recruitment Operations by email email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 23 March 2023 11:59 PM