Research Fellow in Energy Studies Institute (Technologist)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
ESI has a vacancy for Research Fellow in the fields of low-carbon and renewable technologies. The focus is on the role of such technologies in energy transition and the implications on security of supply.
- Prepare and report knowledge regarding technological development, governments strategies and policies in areas including but not limited to:
- Trends in hydrogen technologies, power market development, and potential;
- Understanding the development of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) technologies and their deployment;
- Renewable energy deployment policies and potentials, with an emphasis on solar and power storage technology.
- Work with a team of researchers from diverse disciplinary backgrounds and support analysis on the economic and geopolitical implications regarding the applications of hydrogen, CCS, energy storage, and carbon markets in power generation, and how they are relevant to Singapore.
- Engagement with local stakeholders from various sectors to exchange views and gain insights regarding low-carbon and renewable technologies.
- Produce policy reports and publish articles in reputable academic journals
- Carry out administrative tasks, including the organising of seminars, workshops and conferences, and other relevant tasks.
- A PhD degree in the fields of energy science, engineering, environmental management, or other related disciplines.
- A good understanding and interest in low-carbon and / or renewable technologies, such as hydrogen, CCS, solar, and energy storage.
- Relevant research experience in the the fields of low-carbon and renewable technologies.
- Possess basic knowledge in climate change and sustainable energy transition.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, with the ability to work well both independently and in a team.
- Relevant research experience in Life Cycle Assessment/Material flow analysis, techno-economy analysis, or other technology evaluation methodologies would be an advantage.
- Track record of publications in reputable energy, environmental and / or engineering journals would be an advantage.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement is an asset.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Research
Job requisition ID : 18885