Research Assistant (Biological Sciences)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The CRISPR and Genome editing Lab led by Asst. Prof. HU Chunyi is a new research group in the Department of Biological Sciences at National University of Singapore. We are looking for a Research Assistant for a research project to study CRISPR-Cas immunity systems and development of genome editing tools. We seek a highly motivated applicant with some background and/or interest in working with Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Applicant should also possess basic laboratory skills. Prior demonstrated experience in molecular/microbiology is highly desirable. The position is within a multi-disciplinary research team, which broadly pursues biochemistry and Cell Biology. The full-time research assistant will be expected to actively participate in ongoing research projects and fulfil any other ad-hoc research. The successful candidate will also get the opportunity to maintain and operate the CryoEM data collection.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- BSc or MSc in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology or the field related with biology.
Skill & knowledge:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with people at all levels.
- Possess sound planning, organising, good multi-tasking skills, with a strong sense of responsibility for completing assigned duties on time.
- Proficient in office software including word, excel and PowerPoint and some IT skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 18856