Research Assistant, Psychological Medicine
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Department of Psychological Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The NUS Department of Psychological Medicine is committed to being a leading centre in psychological research. The current major emphasis is ethical research in gerontology, mood disorders and memory disorders across the life span employing well-established community-based cohorts. More information on the department is available at https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/pcm/. Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of a psychosocial research trial in gerontology. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The RA will liaise with the relevant collaborators to facilitate the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The RA will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, recruitment, data collection at study sites;
- Conduct literature searches, perform data entry, analyse data using statistical software such as SPSS, and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree in Psychology or related disciplines with good results;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS Office;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Strong project management and organisational skills; and
- have experiences in conducting research and/or working with elderly.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Chee Tji Tjian, at email@example.com.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Psychological Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 18496