Research Assistant (Healthcare Data Science)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking to recruit Research Assistants to join our project in healthcare data science. These projects are hosted at the Institute of Data Science, National University of Singapore. We will be working primarily with Professors Mengling Feng. The selected candidate will be working in a truly cross-disciplinary team, where he/she will have the opportunities to work with clinical experts from SingHealth and NUHS. The selected candidate will also be part of our collaborations with international institutes, such as MIT and Harvard.
Interested individual please send your cover letter and resume to email Dr Mengling FENG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for data extraction, data standardization and integration, implementations for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in machine learning and big data for collaborative machine learning.
- Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world healthcare datasets;
- Development and implementation of machine learning algorithms for various clinical problem statements
- Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations.;
- Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events;
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant field with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data;
- Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/R/C/C++, and experience with Tensorflow would be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers;
- Fluent in English and good team-player;
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.