Director, Financial Services
5 days left
- CHARLES STURT UNIVERSITY
- Bathurst / Orange / Wagga Wagga, Australia
- $163,072 - $203,840 pa (including 17% superannuation)
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Accounting & Finance
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Strategic leadership role
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in providing input to broader financial management as it applies to the University.
- Lead and foster collaboration, innovation and a customer service culture
- Fixed term (up to 5 years), Full time
- Senior remuneration package in the range of $163,072 - $203,840 pa (including 17% superannuation)
- Bathurst, Orange and Wagga Wagga
You will lead, manage and develop the financial services function, encompassing accounting functions, payables, receivables, travel, ledgers, assets and banking across the University. Ensuring the team is motivated, responsive and contributes to divisional and University objectives and goals.
To be successful you will have:
- Postgraduate qualification in Accounting with membership to either the CA or CPA.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including direction setting and developing staff and effective teams
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills including engaging and influencing key stakeholders and effective report writing
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Office of the Chief Operating Officer includes the functions of Finance, Information Technology, Facilities Management, People and Culture and Strategy and delivers professional services and support to the University community commanding the management and deployment of a significant asset base. The Portfolio has the overarching responsibility and commitment to lead the physical and technological development of the University; to lead organisational change and development of our people in the service and support areas of the University as part of the University Strategy 2017-2022.
The Division of Finance is responsible for the provision of financial services to the University. The Divisions goal is to provide timely, flexible and responsive financial information to facilitate efficient and effective management throughout the University.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Additional information is available in the Position Description or by contacting:
Grant Jones | Chief Financial Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11 pm, 28 March 2023