- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting Center Director by analyzing and coordinating daily center activities to achieve established center goals. Will ensure that all operational tasks in the Center are organized and completed on an as-and-when needed basis. The assistant or is responsible for the day-to-day management of administrative functions. A high degree of initiative, independence of action and ability to achieve results without explicit guidance are expected, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently, particularly during busy times. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English and Arabic and write accurately in English.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for operational administrative activities of the Center to include short and long range planning; implementing and managing day-to-day procedures; providing administrative support to the Center Director, PI and Co-PI’s; management of shared calendar, coordination of internal and external meetings, organizing events and maintaining Center mailing list, databases and files
- Organize small and large-scale events held by the Center (e.g. External Stakeholder meetings, advisory board meetings, workshops, conferences, training etc.) including arrangement of all event and guest logistics (e.g., travel, accommodation, transportation)
- Work closely with human resources – Oversee hiring of Postdoc’s, Researchers and review process.
- Assist with budget and financial management of the Center, including overseeing purchasing needs, reimbursement of center personnel, and other budget and expense data for the Center. Submit expense reports when necessary.
- Routinely update research news and event announcement
- Correspond sensitive and confidential documents; coordinate with Center partners (External stakeholders, advisory board members, funding agencies)
- Ensure that faculty members, Postdoc’s and Research’s follow and adhere to the Center’s policies and procedures.
- Manage and ensure logistics are prepared and arranged for with related departments and adhere to the Universities standards when planning for events, meetings and workshops with external stakeholder’s and speakers.
- Assist Center Director in preparing and maintaining events and meeting materials and business presentations.
- Organize Center meetings for faculty, Postdoc’s and Research’s and make sure to document all meeting minutes.
- Liaise with the Marketing and Communications and Information and Communications Technology Departments to update Center information on website..
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by Center Director.
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
The position is open for UAE Nationals Only**
- A minimum of 1 year' experience, administrative experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Preferred work experience:
- Experience in University setting, dealing with faculty, researchers and/or students Experience supporting multiple functions and proven track record of successfully managing concurrent duties and assignments A high level of written and oral communication skills in English and good comprehension in Arabic
- This position is critical to the successful support of center research activity This position is responsible for providing administrative support to management and for managing day-to-day operations of the Center
Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer focused
- Effective communication
- Problem solving and decision making
- Dedication to quality and excellence
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Admin Assistant
Job Type: Full-time