Business Development Manager
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Business Development Manager is responsible for creating a network of value added partners in different sectors within the area of expertise and to promote the programs, and lead development in income generation through academic enterprise, research and knowledge exchange, working with academic and technical staff, in collaboration with the University business partners and other professional service staff.
The Business Development Manager will be critical to the achievement of the Research Center business objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Identify, develop and implement new business opportunities, which may include knowledge transfer and exchange partnerships, commissioned research projects and commercialization of resources.
- Conduct market research and develop strategies based on that research for identification of strategic partners that will fund university initiatives, support students, or with whom the university can collaborate on research and other projects.
- Implement the plans of targeting partnerships for the growth and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with all internal stakeholders (Sales, Partnerships, Product Support, Client Success, Operations and Development teams), representing technical blockers to client delivery.
- Establish a close working relationship with Customer Success and Sales teams who will work with you on finding the right balance between what our customers want and what works best with our platform
- Critically review existing partnerships for effectiveness in attaining the RIC2D goals; recommend improvements and/or corrective actions.
- Draft initial partnership agreements memorizing agreed upon terms for stakeholders and legal counsel to review.
- Meet with entities unilaterally that have approached university for possible partnerships in order to maintain good public or community relations.
- Maintain the partnership agreement terms and university commitments database in order to ensure agreement terms are met.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Finance related field, in order to facilitate understanding of strategic partnership opportunities with respect to university mission and research.
- Expats: A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Experience in developing and delivering business plans including financial planning and reporting.
Experience of developing new business opportunities through enterprise, commercial and/or knowledge exchanges.
In-depth understanding of the higher education sector especially the need for Universities to diversify their activity and income streams.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Full-time