Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Music Performance
- BNU-HKBU UNITED INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
- Zhuhai, China
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
UIC now invites candidates for the positions of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in music performance starting in September 2023.
- Teaching courses as assigned by the Music Performance Programme
- Advising students about academic preparation for music careers
- Advising students about the Music Performance Programme curriculum
- Assisting with the promotion of the Musical Performance Programme and willingness to help with recruitment of music students
- Directing and performing in solo recitals and music department ensembles and college orchestral and vocal groups
- Assisting with or initiating production of high-quality college music events
- Mentoring and advising students’ final year projects
- Other duties may be assigned depending on the candidate’s qualifications and programme needs
All applicants should hold a terminal degree in music (Master’s or above) with extensive working experience in a related discipline. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching.
Evidence of success in the organization and coordination of musical performances is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching experience in a higher education setting.
Candidates should have the ability to:
- Play and teach on one or two musical instruments (voice is considered an instrument)
- Communicate and collaborate effectively, respectfully, and productively with a variety of stakeholders, including students, staff and the community
- Keep abreast of regional, national, and international developments and initiatives in music and music industry
- Create, manage, and deliver musical events that appeal to all the UIC communities
Candidates should have a proven commitment to:
- Teaching and curriculum development in music
- Providing students with a broad range of artistic opportunities to perform
- Maximizing high standards of musical and academic performance
- Engaging in research relevant to the school and with artistic and educational organizations in the Greater Bay Area
- providing students with opportunities for employment through engagement with industry partners
- Respecting and honoring diversity and inclusion, including efforts for internationalization and active outreach to underserved constituencies
- Opera, musical theater, and contemporary voice
- Orchestral studies (strings, woodwinds, brass & percussion)
- Chinese traditional instruments
- Music production, composition, and songwriting
- Classical and contemporary music performance styles
- Music industry studies
Proficiency in English is required. English is the medium of instruction in the Music Performance Programme. Academic rank will be determined in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience and research accomplishments.
Application package to include:
- Job application form
- Cover letter
- Current resume or CV
- Latest teaching evaluation results (if available)
- References will be requested only after selection for interview and will be consulted only with permission of the applicant
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
Appointments to these positions will initially be made on a fixed-term contract with mutual agreement.
Salary and benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and medical insurance.
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
- Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online: https://hrapp.uic.edu.cn/recruit/job/vacancy/JobDetail/696.
- If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to email@example.com. All applications should include an application package and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill these positions, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment.
About the Programme:
The Music Performance Programme Founded in 2020 and housed in the School of Culture and Creativity, UIC’s Music Performance major focuses on training well-rounded musicians and giving them opportunities to develop a wide range of professional and musical skills. Through UIC's comprehensive four-year programme of study, students receive advanced training and gain in-depth knowledge of music performance that prepares them to become creative artists with an international outlook. This pioneering programme cultivates future professionals and leaders in the cultural and creative industries in China and the world. By pursuing a liberal arts education, the first of its kind in China, these future leaders also develop social awareness and interpersonal skills that prepare them to successfully compete in a global environment to meet market demands.
The School of Culture and Creativity (SCC) at United International College (UIC) offers a comprehensive, transformative and multidisciplinary approach to the studies of culture, media, design and creative industries. A range of programmes with a strong creative and practical focus will be offered by the School, including the Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Animation and Interactive Media, the Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Culture, Creativity and Management, the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Cinema and Television, the Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Media Arts and Design, the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Music Performance, the Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, Master of Arts in communication - Film TV & New Media Concentration, Master of Arts in communication - Interactive Media Studies Concentration.