- MASSEY UNIVERSITY
- Auckland, New Zealand
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Massey Business School
Te Kura Whai Pakihi Te Kura Whai Pakihi Massey Business School is one of New Zealand's leading and largest business schools and has been an integral part of New Zealand for 50 years. We provide on-campus, online, and international options for domestic and international students.
Under the QS World University subject rankings we are ranked:
- in the top 100 globally for Communications and Media Studies
- top 250 for Accounting and Finance
- top 350 for Economics and Econometrics and Business and Management Studies.
Under the Shanghai global ranking of academic subjects we are:
- number 1 in New Zealand for Business Administration and Communication
- number 2 in New Zealand for Management and Economics.
With campuses in Auckland, Palmerston North and Wellington, we offer study and research across all aspects of business expertise and leadership, together with the Massey School of Aviation.
We are seeking an inspiring leader who will actively engage with the wider business community, our students and our staff, to ensure Te Kura Whai Pakihi is at the cutting edge of innovation and research development across industry, while ensuring sustainability and Te Ao Māori are at the forefront of everything that we do.
As the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Te Kura Whai Pakihi, not only will you provide effective leadership and strategic management of the College but also co-contribute to the mission and strategic objectives of the University as a member of the University's Executive team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a minimum of a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, with proven professional mana and credibility, and an excellent record of accomplishment in their field
- demonstrated excellence in leadership of diverse teams and the ability to bring the best out in those that they lead and manage
- proven success in the timely delivery of forward-thinking strategic initiatives, including managing transformational change and showcasing innovation in a complex environment, while exercising fiscal restraint and maintaining the ability to remain financially responsible
- demonstrated capacity and capability to work effectively within the Senior Leadership team, to support and enable 'whole of university thinking' within that team, thinking on behalf of the university and contributing beyond their own area of responsibility
- excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels and engage successfully on behalf of the college and university with external stakeholders in a progressive and challenging environment
- an ability to drive research performance and maintain research excellence across a range of disciplines
- in partnership with others, develop contemporary, innovative and sustainable learning and teaching environments that enhance the student experience and outcomes
- demonstrated understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the ability to embrace the University's strategy to be Te Tiriti o Waitangi - led across the college and the university in relevant and practical ways.
Key to your success is a demonstrated capacity to contribute effectively within a senior team, enabling 'whole of university' thinking and awareness and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and an ability to embrace and lead the University's strategy in relevant and practical ways.
Massey University is a Tiriti-led university with major campuses located in Palmerston North, Auckland and Wellington, and is New Zealand's pre-eminent provider of distance education. Massey University has a reputation for its pragmatic approach, its commitment to research and community service, its international outreach, respect for quality and its belief in creating capacity for scholarship to flourish. Its forward-thinking spirit, research-led teaching, and cutting-edge discoveries make Massey New Zealand's defining university.
Massey University is preparing a new generation of global leaders. Our students are diverse and are attracted to Massey University because they want to achieve their personal goals and make their mark in the world. Inspired by our name 'Te Kunenga Ki Pūrehuroa; from inception to infinity', we strive to be defined by not only what we do, but by how we do it. Massey University is consistently rated as one of New Zealand's most attractive employers in the annual Randstad awards, an international survey conducted across 14 countries.
Interested or would like further information?
This is an exceptional opportunity to lead in a dynamic and enterprising university, which ensures authentic leadership in contemporary Aotearoa New Zealand. To discover more, please go to: https://www.massey.ac.nz/about/colleges-schools-and-institutes/massey-business-school/.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nigel Barker, Staff Recruitment Manager: N.Barker@massey.ac.nz or +64 6 951 7683.
Closing date: 16 April 2023
Reference number: MBS_MBS_372_03/23
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz