Solutions Architect – Student Systems
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £43,155 to £54,421 per annum
- 14 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Location: 1 Guildhall Square
Salary: £43,155 to £54,421 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term for 24 months
Closing Date: Monday 03 April 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Applications are invited for a Solutions Architect to lead technical direction on a range of strategic Student Systems initiative. You will have previous experience of working in technical architecture roles and have a good understanding of the technology project lifecycle. The role provides overall technical design authority for The University’s Student Systems
You will provide thought leadership and take responsibility for driving the technical architecture of critical student systems projects and initiatives, and to ensure project alignment to strategic IT architecture landscape. You will develop and maintain architectures aligned to university strategy, constructing solutions underpinned by a common data model while ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
This role reports directly to the Principal Architect.
About the Role
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative, with good understanding of the value of delivering reliable and stable service design with clear and concise documentation. You will be working as part of a team of highly motivated, self-led individuals who are committed to creation of high-quality architectural artifacts.
What you’ll do
You will provide technical leadership and design authority over systems required to deliver student lifecycle IT services to the University. Student systems include administrative systems which support the student journey from recruitment to graduation and beyond.
- Be the technical design authority for The University’s student systems, including alignment with strategic requirements, throughout the entire system lifecycle.
- Manage architecture documentation for student systems architecture.
- Work in collaboration with technical architects to ensure alignment across the wider architecture landscape.
- Develop and oversee functional, solution and integration architecture for the technology solutions required to support student systems.
- Support the creation of a future blueprint and roadmap led by the Student Systems Programme Director.
What you’ll bring
A high level of experience delivering and working with some of the following:
- Proven ability to manage and deliver technical architecture analysis, frameworks, and designs.
- Experience working with application and technology portfolios within a large organisation.
- An ability to articulate architecture direction and advice to key stakeholders at all levels of a large organisation.
- Ability to prioritise workloads, work well under pressure and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Experience architecting complex yet secure solutions.
- Experience working in a UK Higher Education environment.
- IT architecture experience in the context of standard EA frameworks, for example TOGAF.
- Knowledge of architecting applications in a hybrid or cloud environment.
- The ability to describe integrated architectures using standard notation, for example ArchiMate.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus statutory bank holidays and university closure days, a defined benefit pension scheme, flexible (hybrid) working patterns, generous parental leave, and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.
market supplement of up to £10,000
At the University of Southampton, we are committed to our strategic principles of collegiality, quality, sustainability, and global reputation. The University is committed to addressing equality issues and is a founding signatory of the Athena SWAN Charter, holding a silver-level Athena SWAN award
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Lauren (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 2212023JF on all correspondence.