Professor/Associate Professor and Director of the Social Service Research Centre
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Sep 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Directors, Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION IN SOCIAL WORK
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading university centred in Asia. It is consistently ranked among the top 30 universities in the world and top two in Asia.
Social Work is one of the oldest Departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), which hosts 16 Departments covering a wide range of academic programmes in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Asian Studies and Language Studies. In this multi-disciplinary setting in Singapore’s flagship university, the Department of Social Work offers ample opportunities for cutting-edge curriculum and research initiatives on contemporary social work and social development. It produces graduates who rise to be leaders in social services and social policy.
The Social Service Research Centre brings together resources and ideas to test social innovations to advance Singapore's social development. With a vision that bold social solutions provided through research bring about transformative improvements in the well-being of the underprivileged, the centre not only hosts a range of social service and social policy research projects, but also provides research training to social service practitioners and knowledge dissemination of ground research through seminars, conferences and research publications.
We invite applications for a joint appointment as Professor/Associate Professor in the Department of Social Work and Director of the Social Service Research Centre. We seek faculty members who have expertise in one or some of the following areas: Social Work with vulnerable children, youths and adults; disability; ageing; social policy; group and community work; human service planning and administration; and inter-professional practice. The staff team is keen to attract those who are interested in developing expertise in practice frameworks and policies relevant to Singapore and the Asian region, and in client/service user involvement.
Applicants for the positions must:
i. Have a PhD in Social Work or a PhD in a related field with a Masters or Bachelor in Social Work;
ii. Have strong research and publications;
iii. Demonstrate an interest and ability to teach courses on community work and social policy as well as contribute to research and scholarship; and
iv. Have recorded good leadership
v. Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of practice experience after a Bachelor’s degree (BSW) or Master’s degree (MSW) in Social Work will be particularly welcome.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including housing and travel benefits.
Evaluation of applications will continue until the vacancy is filled.
Please submit your full application through the CHRS Link:
- full curriculum vitae detailing your academic history i.e. degrees obtained, scholarships and awards, postdoctoral and clinical/residency training (where applicable), and other study and research opportunities, employment History (academic and non-academic positions), all PhD and postdoctoral supervisors or any other senior authors with close and regular collaborations (full name and institution) should be listed, grants, invited talks, employment history
- teaching statement (max 3 pages)
- research statement (max of 3 pages)
- practice statement (max of 3 pages)
- complete list of publications
- citation and impact analysis of research output (excluding self-citations and in the case of coauthored work, cross-citations, highlight papers with the highest citation counts, and creative works with high impact),
- five key publications
- student feedback
- a list of six proposed external reviewers
and arrange for at least three academic letters of reference to be sent directly to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send in your enquiries to Ms. Wendy Lim at email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Department of Social Work
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
National University of Singapore Block AS3, Level 4, 3 Arts Link, Singapore 117570
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Singapore
- Other Health & Social Care Directors jobs in Singapore
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Other Health & Social Care Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore