Research Assistant - Sydney Nursing School
5 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $73,751 (pro rata)+ 17% superannuation
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
- Part time 0.6 FTE, 24-month fixed term contract based at Camperdown
- Be a part of an integrated program of clinical and applied behaviour change research solving real world problems in the safety and quality of emergency care
- Base Salary starting from $73,751 (pro rata)+ 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
At Sydney Nursing School we are committed to the vital role that nurses play throughout a person's life and strive to create research that improves patient experience with an impact on health policy.
A new and exciting opportunity is available for a Research Assistant to provide research administration assistance and operational support to the Chief Investigator, coordinating the implementation and delivery of activities and tasks to meet established milestones and deliverables for Project EPICSTART.
Please read more about us at Project EPIC-START - Faculty of Medicine and Health (sydney.edu.au)
You will join a team that is addressing some of the most pressing emergency care challenges.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide administrative services and research project support for the work area
- coordinate and provide administrative services for grant applications and reporting for the work area
- coordinate and provide administrative services and support for ethics submissions/reporting under the guidance of the Chief Investigator / Research Manager for the work area
- provide administrative services to the development of research publications for the work area
- provide general and financial administrative services and support for the work area
- undertake ad-hoc projects and other activities
The Research Assistant will be located principally at the University's Camperdown Campus
- hold tertiary qualifications in appropriate discipline and/or relevant experience in related field. May have (or be working towards) postgraduate qualifications
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work, sometimes under pressure, with competing priorities and sometimes limited supervision
- excellent administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of the research project life cycle, project documentation, standards and methodologies
- experience in working on research projects with multiple stakeholders, including expertise in using research protocols, ethics submissions, peer review publication preparation and grant applications using endnote, excel and other office applications
- numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking, and managing invoice payments and purchases for a project
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and responses to selection criteria with supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cecilia Blamey, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 27 March 2023 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Research Related Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Research Assistants / Officers Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Professional Services Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Administrative Australia jobs in Camperdown