Graduate Research Assistant
6 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- Level 5 $73,982 – $81,999 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
School of Biomedical Sciences
- An exciting opportunity to make a positive change for cancer patients
- Full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for two years
- Base salary range: Level 5 $73,982 – $81,999 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Translational Cancer Pathology Laboratory (TCPL) is a team of pathologists and scientists working in collaboration with oncologists and haematologists. Our work utilises the knowledge gained from scientific discoveries and translates these into clinically applicable diagnostic pathology tests that can be performed routinely in real time. This work will lead to "personalised pathology" or a unique cancer "fingerprint", ultimately leading to personalised therapy. It will transform pathology testing of cancers and result in improved patient care for cancer patients throughout WA.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general supervision, optimise immuno-flowFISH testing and analyse blood cancer samples.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification in Biomedical Science
- Relevant knowledge of the pathological basis of disease in humans and the ability to review literature to extract relevant information
- Relevant experience in flow cytometry and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research in human disease
- Highly developed organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Ability to operate within set standards and protocols
Note: Some after hours and weekend work may be required
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Graduate Research Assistant - 514022.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on 27th March
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact A/Prof Kathy Fuller on 0416 085 960 or at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.