Research Fellow (Healthcare Data Science)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking to recruit Research Fellows to join our project in healthcare data science. These projects are hosted at the Institute of Data Science, National University of Singapore. We will be working primarily with Professors Mengling Feng. The selected candidate will be working in a truly cross-disciplinary team, where he/she will have the opportunities to work with clinical experts from SingHealth and NUHS. The selected candidate will also be part of our collaborations with international institutes, such as MIT and Harvard.
Interested individual please send your cover letter and resume to email Dr Mengling FENG at email@example.com.
Job Summary: The Research Fellow will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation in machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence on trusted collaborative machine learning that lead to publications in top-tier international conferences and journals, as well as real-world implementations.
- Develop new concepts and algorithms in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence for trusted collaborative machine learning;
- Be up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies in related technical fields and application domains;
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators;
- A PhD in Computer Science or relevant fields, with specialization related to machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence or databases;
- Proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Strong publication track records with top conference and journal papers will be a plus;
- Experienced in using the latest machine learning, AI, and big data platforms;
- Proficient in python/C++/R programming
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills in English;
- A effective team player
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.