Research Engineer (Electrical Engineer)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
NUS is looking for a Research Engineer to work on a 9-10 months feasibility study for selecting a superior alternative backup power supply for green data center.
The job requires the candidate to compare various types of back-up power sources such as linear generator and fuel cell technologies on the basis of total cost of ownership, efficiency, energy density, pollutant emission, fuel flexibility, sustainability etc. with the incumbent diesel generator technology.
- Possess a recognized Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with knowledge in power engineering.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary research team.
- Familiar with simulation environments like MATLAB.
- Familiar with a power distribution system and the concept of backup generators and secondary power-supply
- Able to work on multiple tasks and coordinate with the industrial partners for research.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18238