Research Fellow, Microbiology and Immunology
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Molecular RNA Virology and Antiviral Strategies (MARVAS) which is hosted in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Infectious Diseases Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. MARVAS specializes in translational antiviral research developments for human enteroviruses, mosquito-borne viruses (Zika, dengue and chikungunya viruses) and SARS CoV-2. You will have the opportunity to be familiar with molecular virology as well as high content screening technologies for antiviral drug discovery and translational antiviral strategies development. Appointments will be made on a one-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the research projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will work with other researchers in MARVAS and lead research projects for molecular virology and antiviral development. The RF will be accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The RF will be able to:
- Lead, plan and oversee the management of research projects;
- Undertake the day-to-day running of the research projects;
- Conduct literature searches, analyse data as well as to assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent;
- Be a highly motivated individual with an inquisitive mind; and
- Prior experience in drug discovery, NGS, molecular virology or murine model of virus infection is preferred.
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Lee Chai Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees) to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Microbiology And Immunology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 18461