Research Fellow, Cancer Science Institute
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 13 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate as a research fellow in the Quantitative Proteomics Core in collaboration with the Kappei lab at the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (CSI). Our team addresses research questions on nucleic acid-protein interactions with quantitative mass spectrometry, cell biological and genetic approaches applied to cancer research and we further support research activities at CSI as part of the Quantitative Proteomics Core with quantitative proteomics solutions to study protein expression, protein interactions as well as post-translational modifications.
Proteins are the functional agents in cells, yet the systematic global characterization of their expression and spatial distribution has largely remained limited to the analysis of RNA as a proxy. To close this gap, we have recently expanded the Quantitative Proteomics Core to Clinical Proteomics applications with dedicated instruments including a timsTOF fleX mass spectrometer that allows for dual LC-MS/MS and MALDI imaging analysis. The research fellow will develop innovative workflows for both untargeted and targeted spatial protein imaging applied to the analysis of cancer tissues. We are offering a position in a stimulating, diverse and international research environment as well as the opportunity to gain expertise in a highly demanded technology using state-of-the-art instruments.
- PhD in life sciences, chemistry, medicine or related fields
- Strong background and working knowledge of basic molecular and biochemical techniques
- Excellent communication skills and good team spirit
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Penchant for method development
- Strong publication record
- Preference will be given to candidates with
- Experience with mass spectrometry (sample preparation and instrument operation/maintenance)
- Experience with image analysis and/or histology
Applications should include in a single PDF a 1-page cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of at least 2 professional references.
Please send applications with the reference “Clinical Proteomics RF” to:
Dr. Dennis Kappei
Further information on the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore as well as working at CSI can be found on our website: www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/careers/
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.