Senior Manager (Sustainability & Smart Technology)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 13 Apr 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 May 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Senior Manager (Sustainability & Smart Technology), Campus Development, reports to the Associate Director (M&E), Campus Development, and is responsible for developing sustainability solutions & engineering works and smart building solutions related to the development of a new flagship campus and two satellite sites. The scope of works includes achieving Green Mark Platinum + Super Low Energy (SLE) based on the latest Green Mark requirements for the new flagship campus and two satellite sites, and to consolidate and centralise the monitoring and management of SUSS’s operations to the new flagship campus.
- Responsible for developing sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering works for the new flagship campus and two satellite sites. The sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering works for the buildings, fit-outs and infrastructure projects encompass conducting feasibility studies, budgeting & funding approval, design, project programming, procurement, regulatory compliance, design review and as well as quality assurance.
- Propose conceptual design for sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering works with input from stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders and obtain their requirements and needs for incorporation into project brief.
- Evaluate and advise on appropriate sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering proposals by consultants to meet the project objectives, requirements and budget.
- Review, challenge and value-add to the designs/specification/drawings submitted by consultants and contractors to achieve quality, compliance and value for money. Manage and review sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering proposals from consultants and to ensure designs are according to specifications and code requirements.
- Attend consultant and site meetings with the Project Team and to carry out inspections on site to ensure that the sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering works carried out by the builder to meet the desired quality/workmanship and are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage external/outsourced resources (consultants and site supervisory staff) to execute the projects.
- Ensure that contractors carry out works in a safe manner with the necessary risk assessments and workplace safety measures in place to manage project risks.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders in the resolution of technical issues when needed.
- Undertake any other tasks or responsibilities as required by Management in the course of work.
- A recognised Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or relevant Degree from a recognised University with at least 8 years of relevant working experience as an Mechanical/Electrical Engineer/Manager or Project Manager preferably in public/developer organisations or consulting firms.
- Registered Professional Engineer is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in the planning, design and implementation of sustainability and smart building solutions and engineering works for large scale development projects.
- Working experience and knowledge of Government policies; functions and requirements of key Agencies and the regulatory framework for development projects.
- Strong in people management, good writing, communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and yet capable of macro analysis with good acumen in management and resolution of technical issues and challenges.
Technically competent in various software programmes such as Microsoft project, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.